Free Flow Axle Back Exhaust System
w/ Black Tips for the BMW G30 540i
Utilizing the same muffler as its B58 siblings the G30 540i exhaust improves exhaust flow by reducing back pressure, resulting in increased power output and a great sporty sound that is civilized when you want it to be, and pleasantly aggressive under hard acceleration. Not only is the tone improved but the additional burbles and pops that also accompany it are simply intoxicating. While on the exterior the sound may be viewed as aggressive the inside of the cabin is still civil courtesy of an incorporated Helmholtz chamber design that reduces resonance or “drone” at low RPM.
While sound is of the utmost importance for any exhaust system the fit and finish are nearly equally as vital. The system is built to exacting specifications to ensure perfect fit using the factory hangers and is made from 100% 16 gauge 304 stainless steel that will resist corrosion for years to come. What is most different about the 540i system however is a completely new tip design from anything Dinan has done prior. The use of twin, massive quadrilateral, black ceramic coated and engraved angled tips are hard not to to take notice of. With over 8″ of width and 4″ of height per tip, the rear of the 540i assumes a more aggressive demeanor with the Dinan exhaust system. A high-performance look that marries well with the tonal makeover.
Benefits of the Dinan Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust System for the G30 540i:
- Maximum gain of +6 HP and +5 ft-lb of torque
- Enjoyably louder, sportier Sound
- 2 massive quadrilateral black ceramic coated tips with laser engraved Dinan logo
- 100% 304 stainless steel construction
- Helmholtz chamber to reduce drone
- Factory computer controlled valve is eliminated for maximum flow and sound at all times
- Bolt-on installation; Includes mounting hardware